Tomorrow, we're expecting a blizzard. Expectations are for six to twelve inches with thunder snow.
We are just getting over being a sick family, so want to take it easy, but do some "schooling."
I'm planning on a snow day tomorrow. A day that we do snow/winter related things. Here are some of the things I'm digging up. Maybe it will give you somethings to springboard from as well.
- I made a word search using spelling words in the shape of a snowman. I made it at abcteach.com. I don't think it's one of the free things on the site, but you can go to A to Z Teacher Stuff and probably make one there.
- A friend mentioned I should make sure to mention Wilson "Snowflake" Bentley. We'll probably go to the site there and find out about him.
- I'm going to grab some ideas from Snowflakes--A Thematic Approach. I'm getting some picture of actually snowflakes and we'll fold symmetrically and will draw some simple pictures symmetrically, as well.
- I went to Activity Village for tons of ideas for winter. I think we are definitely going to need to finger paint snow scenes and maybe weave a snowflake. Oooo, how about making a snowflake from hand prints?
- It'll be fun to watch some videos about snow and Wilson Bentley.
- Hot chocolate with marshmallows are a definite must.
- Tomorrow's the first day of February as well. Probably should go make a calendar at Starfall.