Got this from Veritas Press
On February 15th many will celebrate the national holiday known as President's Day. Originally known as Washington's Birthday, this holiday was instituted by Congress in 1880. At first the holiday was celebrated on Washington's original birthday, February 22nd. Eventually the holiday would shift to become President's Day. As I am, you might be old enough to remember this change. Please consider having your children do a little internet research on the holiday.
In the day and time in which we live it is hard to have our children appreciate the respect that should be given to our leaders, even when we do not agree with them. This holiday provides an opportunity to discuss this obligation we have as Christians with our children. Reading Romans 13:1-7 with them is a good starting point. Celebrating holidays like this can be great teaching moments.
We have included a drawing project from Gilbert Stuart's painting of George Washington. We hope this fun project for President's Day will help you enjoy this holiday. http://resource2.veritaspress.com/epistula/helps/drawwashington.pdf
- ► 2014 (132)
- ► 2013 (239)
- ► 2012 (399)
- ► 2011 (329)
- This was from today's Revive Our Hearts radio broa...
- Possessing the Gates
- Homeschool Funny!
- Head Start to Nowhere?
- World Math Day--March 3
- The Conscience Needs Training form Biblical Parent...
- Singapore Math
- Mid-evil History
- Who Is Your Child's Biggest Fan?
- Free Heart Mini Books
- What to Teach Before You Begin Teaching
- Whining, Complaining, and Bickering, Oh My!
- Is My Child a Visual-Spatial Learner? From Currcli...
- Understanding Attitudes and How To Change Them "...
- High School Literature
- Homeschool Freebies by Jamin
- Free Copybook on Love
- Draw George Washington for President's Day
- ▼ February (19)