I wanted to find some free online resources to check Micki's reading grade level. I have found some and will do a few different ones over the next week or two in order to check consistency in results and just for the fun of it.
The two tests listed below are for reading only not comprehension. Both were very basic and very easy compared to the tests that I had to give while student teaching.
In case you were curious, Micki scored 3.0 on one and 4.5 on the other. Either way, not bad for a first grader who just turned 5 last month.
- ► 2014 (132)
- ► 2013 (239)
- ► 2012 (399)
- ► 2011 (329)
- Hearing Aids for the Whole Family
- Spelling Practice Ideas
- More Parents Opting For Homeschooling
- Is Teaching American History Unconstitutional?
- The Conscience and the Holy Spirit
- A Response to Robin L. West—“The Harms of Homescho...
- Another Reading Assessment
- Guidlines for Children by Jim Elliff
- Why is Grading so Important?
- Evaluate the Strength of Your Child's Conscience
- Reading Level
- A Book in Time website
- Puritan Classical Education Besmirched
- Dr. Laura: Homeschooling Does Not Hamper Socializa...
- Becoming a Woman of Influence: The Case for Cookie...
- Schools Are For Fish
- Home Where They Belong
- 11 Reasons to Teach Biblical Doctrin
- Notes from "Family Practice" by R.C. Sproul, Jr.
- ▼ January (19)