Have students creat acrostics for their spelling words (their--Tom has everyone illustrating rainbows.)
Have students make spelling snakes by listing words that are linked by beginning and ending letters (number-rainy-yesterday, etc).
Make a set of laminated blank cards in shapes relating to unit themes such as whales, hands, etc. For each new spelling unit, write the words on the cards to use in your own versions of games like concentration, go fish, or pictionary.
- ► 2014 (132)
- ► 2013 (239)
- ► 2012 (399)
- ► 2011 (329)
- Speaking & Vocabulary among other things.
- Various ideas
- Handwriting For Reading: Nature
- Dan's Doodles III
- Using words that BLESS
- Help! I'm Organizationally Challenged!
- Someone posted this on FB and I thought it belonge...
- Predicting the Future “…a comprehensive and cen...
- Keyboarding and story sites.
- Free mini workshops!!
- Coffee Cartoon
- Spelling ideas
- Social Studies/History/Geography ideas
- Currclick Freebie: Summer Learning Across the USA
- Teaching with Contests
- Mardel's 20% Education Sale
- ▼ July (16)