One of the blessings that I've gained through my blog is being able to do reviews. I feel honored that someone wants to know what I think about an item.
Imagine how I feel when someone like Catherine Jaime asks me to review some of her items! Catherine has spent 30 years homeschooling her 12 children. She's an author, bookseller, facilitator of a long-standing student Shakespeare reading group, government club advisor, Mock Trial coach, and world traveler. I get out of breathe just reading what her website and books share about her!
She has so many cool things which she has authored and created. Today, I'm going to share Math Facts Fun!
Fun? Most don't usually consider math facts fun, but these games she developed really do make it fun.
There are different levels of game boards starting with basic number recognition to basic algebraic problems. Eight different levels in all. That's one of the reasons this is such a great resource. It doesn't review just certain operations, but all operations. It's a review game that keeps on giving! In the picture below, for instance, my daughter is playing on one game card in which you can add, subtract, multiply, and/or divide.
Now, I received the actual Math Facts Fun set. It came with instructions, of course, prepared game cards AND all the dice and chips. There's other cool math resources included as well. Open bag and start to play!! I know we did. It's available for $12 plus shipping here on Catherine's website.
But you have another option, too. If you are one of the those do-it-yourself kinda' gals with various kinds of dice and/or chips around your house, you can get the e-book version. That way, you can print up exactly what you need and choose to laminate or not. It's only $3.50 at CurrClick.com.
Now keep in mind, this is a great game for review, but I also think it's a great game for introducing skills. I know for my daughter it was much easier for her to think of adding dots or skip counting the numerals on the dice that to actually look at 6 + 4 or 3 * 9. It's less intimidating. You sneak it in as a game, and they are learning their facts without "officially" learning their facts.
My daughter has asked to play it by herself at times, but it's also great for any size group. She loves the colored pages and the multi-colored markers. The 12-sided dice are "cool". It's one of the few educational-type games that she makes a point of asking to play.
I'm disappointed with myself that I didn't get this posted earlier in the summer as I had planned. Trust me, however, you will not be disappointed with Math Facts Fun.
- ► 2014 (132)
- ► 2013 (239)
- ► 2012 (399)
- Tax Free Weekends for School Supplies
- Betsy's Price is Right: CVS on Saturday.
- Walgreens off the clearance shelf
- Marble Racetrack with Serving Pink Lemonade...
- 5 R's for Godly Womanhood
- Memoria Press July 2011 puzzle!
- Back in my Walgreens saddle again.
- HyVee...where there's a helpful smile in every ais...
- CVS slagging behind in School Supplies
- Motherhood Is a Calling (And Where Your Children R...
- Gov. approves 'sexual brainwashing bill'
- Betsy's Price is Right: Walgreens
- Late on CVS but things were still left!
- Betsy's Price is Right: Classs Ideas part 2
- Sweet family portrait
- A couple of free curricula
- ParentalRights.org Promotional Trailer--UPDATED
- I'm going to teach a class...AHHHHH!!!!
- CVS with Mom
- Mardel Education Sale---Thurs., July 21
- Math Facts Fun with Catherine Jaime
- Eat Cereal And Get a Free $10 Gas Card
- ▼ July (22)
- ► 2010 (281)