Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Raising the Bar

Well, Nancy Leigh deMoss has been used this week to correct me.  Been having some problems knowing how to handle some behavior issues my DD has been having. I've been everything from frustrated, down right angry and feeling hopeless.  This devotion reminded me that I need to make sure I'm also forgiving...not holding on to grudge even.

Raising the Bar


“I can overlook the little things pretty easily, but nobody can forgive everything. Can they?”

Nancy Leigh DeMoss: Colossians 3:13 says, “As the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive.” That raises the bar pretty high, doesn’t it? We’re to forgive the same way God has forgiven us. How has God forgiven us?

The psalmist tells us, “As the heavens are high above the earth, so great is His mercy toward those who fear Him; as far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us.”

God’s forgiveness is complete. It’s permanent. It’s unconditional. And here’s what I love most—it’s undeserved. We can’t earn it, work for it, or perform harder to get it. It’s all because of God’s grace.

Do you have trouble forgiving? Maybe you need to spend some time thinking about how much God has forgiven you.

With Seeking Him, I’m Nancy Leigh DeMoss.





No comments:

Blog Archive