Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Wednesday Hodgepodge


1. I'm joining my daughter1 in the 101 in 1001 challenge. Essentially you create a list of 101 things you hope to do or accomplish in the next 1001 days. What's one thing you'd put on your list?
I'm glad you mentioned it, but I thought it was a cool idea and was going to join you! The first thing on my list will be to finish my Proverbs 31 book I started working on last week.

2. How many remote controls do you have in your house? What's one item in your home you wish could be operated by remote control?
We only have 3 remotes that we use and one of those actually can be used for two items. You know what would be great to have a remote for? Children. You could mute them, rewind and make them do things again, or fast forward when they're dragging their feet!
Here's a comic I just saw today on the subject of remotes:
3. What does having it all mean to you? Is it attainable?
A detailed response to that question would require too many brain cells to be used on this hot day. Generally, no, I don't think we can have it all in this fallen world. Those who think they have it all, probably have all of the wrong things!

4. What's your favorite movie soundtrack?

I know there a lot of great soundtracks, but the one that instantly comes to my mind is Ladyhawke: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack. Love the movie and the music. For taking me back to my youth and just driving down the road, I have to admit it's Top Gun Soundtrack.




5. Describe the best view you've seen from a rooftop.
A few years ago when I was still selling Arbonne (which really are great products if you can afford them), I went to an Arbonne conference in Louisville, KY.  I was able to go to a fancy promotion meeting at the top of some building in downtown Louisville. It was a really cool view, but what was most surprising was seeing the top of the Louisville slugger lit up and sticking out over the top of buildings and my eye level!



6. What's your least favorite thing about summer?
Only one? You have to give me more than one. My least favorite things about summer are heat, sweating, and insects.


7. Our weekly Hodgepodge falls on the first day of August. In ten words or less sum up your July.

  • Hot
  • Unpacking
  • Hot
  • Unpacking
  • Hot
  • Unpacking
  • Hot 
  • Unpacking
  • Hot 
  • Unpacking

8. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm so excited!! Unbeknownst to me, Off the Grid News did an article about homeschooling blogs and I was one of the ones mentioned!  The Wednesday Hodgepodge was even mentioned. Thanks Joyce for hosting it!
9 Blogs for Homeschooling Advice








































No comments:

Blog Archive