Mary, a Spirit-Filled Woman
Nancy Leigh DeMoss: When an angel visited Mary and told her she would carry God’s Son, she responded, “How can this be?” God had chosen her for a task that was humanly impossible.
Do you ever feel that way? I know I often feel totally inadequate for the things God has called me to do. That’s why I love the angel’s response to Mary. He said, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you” (Luke 1:35).
That’s the power we need. You can’t raise that child, love that husband, care for that elderly parent, submit to that boss, or lead that Bible study apart from the power of God’s Spirit working through you.
Have you been called to do something, and you just don’t know how to pull it off? When we’re willing to acknowledge our weakness, get out of the way, and let God take over, our lives will be overshadowed with the power of the Most High.
With Seeking Him, I'm Nancy Leigh DeMoss.
- ► 2012 (399)
- ► 2011 (329)
- ► 2010 (281)
- Copywork--What's it All About?
- The Classical Education of the Founding Fathers
- The Heart of Family Reformation
- Christian kids are too gentle to live amongst the ...
- Homeschoolers Hall of Fame
- Teaching My Son to Love Books
- Visiting an "Old-fashioned Woodshed"
- The Myth of Socialization
- Ritalin is Poison
- Cleaning out an old Yahoo group
- Where Have All the Little Girls Gone?
- Family Traditions by Voddie Baucham
- God with Us---Above Rubies Chrismas Devotional
- Defeating Feelings of Defeat
- Mary, a Spirit-Filled Woman
- Is There a Stable in Your House?
- Spent by Nancy Leigh DeMoss
- Great websites...to me at least
- A Work in Progress
- The Original Female
- Homeschooling Through the Holidays
- Christmas Freebies from Jamin
- This is from a blog I often check-in on. Check it ...
- Micki's Earth Science Lapbook--in reverse order
- ▼ December (24)