This is from a blog I often check-in on. Check it out sometime: http://sahmissionary.blogspot.com/
Saturday, November 07, 2009
As I Prepare.......
for speaking this next week, I have come across such great Scripture and inspiration in the book, Womanly Dominion by Mark Chanski. It is a great book! Here's a great quote:"I know that some jobs don't really count, don't make much of a difference, don't actually matter that much, don't have much lasting significance. Not so with mothering. I know that in some jobs the worker is only handling cleaning equipment, or car parts, or computer keyboards, or insurance policies, or court cases, or political legislation, or stockholders' funds. Not so with mothering. A mother is handling things of a far greater magnitude. She's handling never-dying souls. She's daily conducting heart surgery on eternal spirits whose forever destinies are influenced most profoundly by the hands that rock their cradles, wipe their noses, spank their fannies, open their Bibles, prepare their after-school snacks, and turn off their bedroom lights. Those motherly hands are molding characters which will become men and women who will turn the world upside down either for good or for evil. Now that's a job that counts. " Womanly Dominion, page 108-109
What do you think? If you are a mother, do you feel like it counts this much?
- ► 2014 (132)
- ► 2013 (239)
- ► 2012 (399)
- ► 2011 (329)
- ► 2010 (281)
- Copywork--What's it All About?
- The Classical Education of the Founding Fathers
- The Heart of Family Reformation
- Christian kids are too gentle to live amongst the ...
- Homeschoolers Hall of Fame
- Teaching My Son to Love Books
- Visiting an "Old-fashioned Woodshed"
- The Myth of Socialization
- Ritalin is Poison
- Cleaning out an old Yahoo group
- Where Have All the Little Girls Gone?
- Family Traditions by Voddie Baucham
- God with Us---Above Rubies Chrismas Devotional
- Defeating Feelings of Defeat
- Mary, a Spirit-Filled Woman
- Is There a Stable in Your House?
- Spent by Nancy Leigh DeMoss
- Great websites...to me at least
- A Work in Progress
- The Original Female
- Homeschooling Through the Holidays
- Christmas Freebies from Jamin
- This is from a blog I often check-in on. Check it ...
- Micki's Earth Science Lapbook--in reverse order
- ▼ December (24)