Ash Wednesday and Lenten Lights
From Treasuring God in Our Traditions:
Today is Ash Wednesday, the first day of the long season of Lent. Lent comes from an Old English word that means lengthen, signifying that the days are getting longer because Spring is here.
On Easter morning, all the candles shine triumphantly. The darkness cannot kill the Light.
Lenten Lights is a collection of devotions I wrote for us to use at our house with the Lenten candles. It includes directions for using it once a week during Lent or, if you choose, using it daily during Holy Week.
- ► 2014 (132)
- ► 2013 (239)
- ► 2012 (399)
- Not all poop is created equal--TMI?
- The Flipside of Feminism: What Conservative Women ...
- AIG-Ken Ham and Apologia "heart" each other
- How are your investments?
- Great Homeschool Conventions Response
- AIG response to being "eliminated"
- Who is Supposed to Serve?
- Veggietales St Patrick
- Gabby Moms Question of the Week
- Ash Wednesday and Lenten Lights
- My Answer-Question of the Week
- Question of the Week
- Copying Poems---FREE
- High Court Judgment suggests Christian beliefs har...
- Graphs: an introduction.
- ▼ March (18)
- ► 2010 (281)