Nancy Leigh Demoss had an excellent devotional for moms today. You can read it here or here:
“I have three kids, but sometimes it feels like thirty-three! They even follow me into the bathroom! Everybody needs me!”
Nancy Leigh DeMoss: I think Jesus can relate to the busyness women feel today. In Mark 1 we read about a day in the life of our Lord. First, He taught in the synagogue. Then He cast out a demon. Then He healed the mother-in-law of a friend. A full day to say the least! Then later that evening, He didn’t even get a break. The Scripture says in the evening that the whole town gathered at His door, and He healed the sick.
So how did Jesus keep that kind of pace? Well, listen to what He did the following morning:
“Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where He prayed ” (Mark 1:35). Hmmm.
Nancy Leigh DeMoss: Jesus knew that to minister to others He had to stay connected with His Father. Are you connecting with the Lord?
With Seeking Him, I'm Nancy Leigh DeMoss.
- ► 2014 (132)
- ► 2013 (239)
- ► 2012 (399)
- ► 2011 (329)
- A funny from a friend
- Holiday Helper-Memorial Day - Living Books Curricu...
- Should Young Women Go to College?
- Nancy Leigh DeMoss Devotional Today
- Finding the Gift in Your Child
- EduScraps History Book One: 1900-1919 - Sharon Cro...
- Introducing the Young Authors' Publishing Program
- Workboxes by the workbox diva herself!
- 10 reasons why public school is better than homesc...
- Family--Our Best Apologia Ever
- Summer Reading | Kansas City Public Library
- Not Just Your Average Genius
- Calculation Nation Match Games
- Choosing Curriculum
- The Complete Writer--Susan Wise Bauer
- Walt Disney Movies
- Everybody Needs Me!
- Summer Reading Programs
- 11 Reasons To Teach Biblical Doctrine By Brannon ...
- Where Have All the Little Girls Gone?
- Myth: A little TV never hurt anybody... from http:...
- Free Copywork from The Whole Word Publishing
- ▼ May (22)