Nancy Leigh DeMoss: Having little ones can present a challenge to any mom who wants to develop a consistent devotional life, but it can be done. I’ve heard about a mom named Susannah who had nineteen children—nine who died in infancy. Somehow this busy mom managed to spend time alone with the Lord every day—an hour in the morning, an hour in the evening, and sometimes an hour at noon!
I’m sure she probably had to make some sacrifices to set aside this time. But she was committed to obeying God’s command in Deuteronomy 4:9. It says, “Keep your soul diligently, lest you forget the things that your eyes have seen, and lest they depart from your heart all the days of your life. Make them known to your children and your children’s children.”
You’ve probably heard of two of Susannah’s sons, John and Charles Wesley, who were mighty servants in the kingdom of Christ. Her example paid off.
With Seeking Him, I'm Nancy Leigh DeMoss.
Betsy note: I hear that Susannah Wesley would actually sit down and put her apron over her face in order to have a quiet time. Her family knew if her apron was over her face not to bother her!
- ► 2014 (132)
- ► 2013 (239)
- ► 2012 (399)
- ► 2011 (329)
- A funny from a friend
- Holiday Helper-Memorial Day - Living Books Curricu...
- Should Young Women Go to College?
- Nancy Leigh DeMoss Devotional Today
- Finding the Gift in Your Child
- EduScraps History Book One: 1900-1919 - Sharon Cro...
- Introducing the Young Authors' Publishing Program
- Workboxes by the workbox diva herself!
- 10 reasons why public school is better than homesc...
- Family--Our Best Apologia Ever
- Summer Reading | Kansas City Public Library
- Not Just Your Average Genius
- Calculation Nation Match Games
- Choosing Curriculum
- The Complete Writer--Susan Wise Bauer
- Walt Disney Movies
- Everybody Needs Me!
- Summer Reading Programs
- 11 Reasons To Teach Biblical Doctrine By Brannon ...
- Where Have All the Little Girls Gone?
- Myth: A little TV never hurt anybody... from http:...
- Free Copywork from The Whole Word Publishing
- ▼ May (22)