It's time to start gearing up for summer reading programs.
My friend Jamie pointed out one of our local libraries was accepting online sign-up. The program starts May 24. You can earn up to 3 incentives which is one for each 6 hours that is read. It's based on time not on number of books. Go to Mid-Continent Public Library Summer Reading Program. We usually also sign up for the Kansas City Library summer reading program when it gets up and running.
Half Price Books will also be doing their program. Kids 14 and under can earn a $3 Half Price Book shopping card for each week they read 15 minutes a day. Go to Feed Your Brain Summer Reading Program to print the reading logs.
Homeschool Freebies by Jamin mentioned two more options.
Barnes & Noble Summer Reading
Kids read any eight (8) books of their choosing. Kids use the Passport to Summer Reading to document the places visited in each book. A parent/guardian signs the Passport when it's complete. Kids bring their completed Passport to any B&N store between May 25 and September 7, 2010. We'll give them a coupon for a FREE BOOK, to be chosen from a list of exceptional paperback titles. Here is the list of books.
Borders' Double Dog Dare Reading Program
This is for kids 12 and under. Read any 10 books. Take in the complete form and receive a free book. It must be turned in by August 28 at any Borders, Borders Express or Waldenbooks.
- ► 2014 (132)
- ► 2013 (239)
- ► 2012 (399)
- ► 2011 (329)
- A funny from a friend
- Holiday Helper-Memorial Day - Living Books Curricu...
- Should Young Women Go to College?
- Nancy Leigh DeMoss Devotional Today
- Finding the Gift in Your Child
- EduScraps History Book One: 1900-1919 - Sharon Cro...
- Introducing the Young Authors' Publishing Program
- Workboxes by the workbox diva herself!
- 10 reasons why public school is better than homesc...
- Family--Our Best Apologia Ever
- Summer Reading | Kansas City Public Library
- Not Just Your Average Genius
- Calculation Nation Match Games
- Choosing Curriculum
- The Complete Writer--Susan Wise Bauer
- Walt Disney Movies
- Everybody Needs Me!
- Summer Reading Programs
- 11 Reasons To Teach Biblical Doctrine By Brannon ...
- Where Have All the Little Girls Gone?
- Myth: A little TV never hurt anybody... from http:...
- Free Copywork from The Whole Word Publishing
- ▼ May (22)