Tuesday, September 6, 2011
Elisabeth Elliot on children and more
Last week, Revive Our Hearts with Nance Leigh DeMoss started a three day series with Elisabeth Elliot. That godly woman shared many insights, of course, including the topics of being a wife, godly parenting, and just walking by faith. I will link to all the days for your convenience. It's not going to be wasted time as you can tell by quotes I copied.
Day One: Read or Listen HERE
For parents to allow their children to be in control and not to lovingly make the children understand that the parents are the ones who have been given by God this responsibility, it creates a view of God that means we can run God.
Day Two: Read or Listen HERE
You’ve got to remember, whomever you marry, he’s a sinner. There isn’t anything else to marry.
Day Three: Read or Listen HERE
I think older women not only have a tremendous privilege, but a very great responsibility to talk to younger women, to try to help them realize what a blessing it is that they are that age, and then to testify to them what a blessing it is to be this age.
- ► 2014 (132)
- ► 2013 (239)
- ► 2012 (399)
- Are you Exhausted, Irritable, and Overwhemed?
- Price Chopper--chopped off 70%
- Johnny Appleseed Day--Sept. 26
- BANG! A review game
- The Superiority of the Bible as the Primary Text
- Super Schick and Quattro Coupons
- Cities on the Cheap--Free Field Trips & Activities...
- Fall into Autumn--Sept. 23
- Guarding against Gardasil
- Vistaprint - 6 Free Fall Products
- 20 Great Reasons You Homeschool
- Alzheimer's--I'd like to forget what Pat Robertson...
- Free Money & Free Field Trip at the Federal Reserv...
- Museum Day, Sept. 24 = Free Field Trip!
- De-Schooling Dynamics
- How to Save on Family Passes.
- HECOA Teleconferences
- A D or not A D, that is the question!
- One Income Living in a Two Income World
- Elisabeth Elliot on children and more
- WomanFreebies---another source of freebies
- Art in the Home Classroom
- Coupons Restocked at Coupons.com
- Motherhood is Application--Desiring God
- ▼ September (25)
- ► 2010 (281)