Well, I wrote about grading over at Home Educating Family Blog today.
Here's a taste:
The idea of grading as we currently think of it came from the development of the public education system. The standardized grading system we are most familiar with arrived on the scene at the same time as compulsory education and the industrial revolution. The great migration to the cities brought about changes including a factory model of education. It was a way educating a great number of individuals at the same time. You know, like mass production. It was an easy way to communicate how successful the student had been in learning what was needed to become a quality factory worker.
Check out the rest HERE.
- ► 2014 (132)
- ► 2013 (239)
- Reformation Rap for Reformation Day
- Bun head--my newest way to make a ballet bun
- National Candy Corn Day Crafts from Pinterest
- Friday Funny--Homeschooling on the Run
- Psalm 23 Booklet--Free Printable
- Rosetta Stone Sweepstakes
- Personalized Stocking Deal with free shipping
- Reformation Day is just a week away--Pinterest ide...
- Power of a Positive Attitude--from Eternal Encoura...
- Free Science Class this Wednesday!
- Friday Funny--Egyptian-style
- Smart Phone Apps for Education
- Scientific Method on a Sunday afternoon
- Know Any Cool Blogs? #HSBA2012
- Ready for Shell Rewards Card?
- Grades...do you make the grade, use the grade, giv...
- Miss me?
- New websites added to my page
- More Great Toy Coupons---Christmas is Coming
- Field Trip--C. W. Parker Carousel Museum Video
- American Math Challenge 2012--Registrations open n...
- Friday Funny--Home School Electives
- Salt Labyrinth Art Work...and art idea
- $5 $10 or $15 OFF during Surprise Savings at Shoe ...
- Free Not-Halloween Items from Currclick
- October Calendar of Holidays and Celebrations
- ▼ October (26)
- ► 2011 (329)
- ► 2010 (281)