Earlier this year, I was able to attend an Extreme Mom Makeover with my Mom. It was great actually meeting Lorrie and convicting to listen to her lessons. The theme was "The Power of Positive Attitude".
Now, you can be blessed and convicted, too. Lorrie Flem of Eternal Encouragement will be making these lesson available to all come November 1, 2012. This will be Collection 3.
It was a blessing to not only hear this lesson from Lorrie in person, but now to hear it again. Boy do I need it. It's obvious God doesn't want me to forget and remember to apply what I've learned!
I need to remember that I set the tone of my home by choosing my attitude. Most of the time, I don't make the choice, and I can see the results which I don't like. Lorrie pointed out that contentment (like all fruits of the Spirit) is a decision not a feeling. I also need to remember to choose gratitude which then affects my attitude. This has been a couple of years full of challenges, and truly I have tried to be thankful even during the trials, but I need to do better.
I think one of the most convicting things Lorrie mentioned is being thankful for the imperfect gifts. God had given us many things to sustain us during my husband's unemployment. At times, I know I haven't been as thankful as I should be because I've seen the gifts as temporary fixes/imperfect gifts unworthy of full gratitude. I confess that now.
Lorrie also points out that we are often ungrateful for our bodies or our health. Our bodies and health are often imperfect gifts because of this fallen world, be wee need to be thankful for what we have. As I write this, I'm heading into a period of pain and discomfort. I definitely have not been thankful for my health and overweight body. I need to choose to be thankful for the times I am without pain and the activities I can do. I will be fully grateful for even the imperfect gifts.
This set will include MP3s and fill-in-the-blank PDFs. I also like how each section has an exercise which will help you apply or further learn about what Lorrie has taught. It helps it go beyond the MP3 and PDF.
So starting on November 1, visit HERE to get your "Power of a Positive Attitude".
As a Gabby Mom, I was given the product for free in exchange for my honest opinion on the product.
- ► 2014 (132)
- ► 2013 (239)
- Reformation Rap for Reformation Day
- Bun head--my newest way to make a ballet bun
- National Candy Corn Day Crafts from Pinterest
- Friday Funny--Homeschooling on the Run
- Psalm 23 Booklet--Free Printable
- Rosetta Stone Sweepstakes
- Personalized Stocking Deal with free shipping
- Reformation Day is just a week away--Pinterest ide...
- Power of a Positive Attitude--from Eternal Encoura...
- Free Science Class this Wednesday!
- Friday Funny--Egyptian-style
- Smart Phone Apps for Education
- Scientific Method on a Sunday afternoon
- Know Any Cool Blogs? #HSBA2012
- Ready for Shell Rewards Card?
- Grades...do you make the grade, use the grade, giv...
- Miss me?
- New websites added to my page
- More Great Toy Coupons---Christmas is Coming
- Field Trip--C. W. Parker Carousel Museum Video
- American Math Challenge 2012--Registrations open n...
- Friday Funny--Home School Electives
- Salt Labyrinth Art Work...and art idea
- $5 $10 or $15 OFF during Surprise Savings at Shoe ...
- Free Not-Halloween Items from Currclick
- October Calendar of Holidays and Celebrations
- ▼ October (26)
- ► 2011 (329)
- ► 2010 (281)