Thursday, November 1, 2012

My Evening as Katherine Von Bora

Last night, I attended church as Katherine Von Bora, Mrs. Martin Luther. 

Only two weeks ago, I was asked to be Katherine Von Bora for AWANA as they celebrate Reformation Day. I did a monologue for the Sparks, T&T, and T&J. Thankfully, I found a monologue online that was free for anyone to use however they chose to, so I edited it for my purpose.  I wrote it in "German accent" so I would be able to add some depth to my character.

I thought I would share my monologue with you. A couple of things you might want to know. It was "What I want to be when I grow up" night at AWANA. That is what I am referring to in the monologue. Also, keep in mind I didn't perform this as a stagnant piece. I acted it out and asked questions throughout. (Like how many bedrooms their house has before I mentioned my 40 room monastery.)

Hope you enjoy "ant can reat zee German ahcksent!"

Click here for the monologue.


No comments:

Blog Archive