Thursday, August 15, 2013

Like Mother Like Daughter

I like to tease my friends when their children do something strange/funny with the phrase, "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree."

What's interesting is when there are similarities between mother and adopted daughter.

I love these pictures I did in her baby scrapbook.

I was a little older than she was in the picture but I love the similarities!
Or this one:

This one is really funny because when mija and hubby were looking through the book, they thought both pictures were her!

I'm the one on the top.
(There are more, but I do not want to provide photos that could be used in blackmailing me!)

"Like Mother Like Daughter" has continued.

I secretly giggle when she lets us know what "the point is" because the point is I use that phrase more than I would like to admit!

Herbal tea. We both really enjoy a nice cup of warm, herbal tea. It was really funny when she asked for herbal tea for her birthday and Christmas when she was four!

But not all the ways of similarities are cute or positive. 


She often sighs from frustration. Yea, I do that. 

Stomping when angry or interrupted. We both do that. 
(sigh) 
Oops, there is that sigh of frustration again!

Then I am confronted with verses like Proverbs 1:8-9 which reads "My son, hear the instruction of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother: For they shall be an ornament of grace unto thy head, and chains about thy neck."

Am I making sure that what she learns from me will beneficial for her later?
Convicting, huh?

As my daughter continues to grow, will people see her character and say, "Like mother like daughter?"
Will they see her spiritual walk and comment that "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree?"

Praying that it will be so!

No comments:

Blog Archive