Even when I taught in 5th and 6th grade in the classroom, helping students remember gallons, quarts, pints, and cups was always a pain. I must admit that I would remember long enough for classroom use, but then I would forget it when it came to my kitchen.
Then I found THIS WONDERFUL IDEA on Pinterest. Here's how we put it into action at our house.
Not as pretty as on Pinterest, but just as practical. Here is mija explaining it.
In case you didn't make it out. Inside the Gallon castle lived four queens (quarts). Each queen had a prince and princess (pints) and each of them had two cats (cups).
This has made these measurements so easy for mija to work with! Hope it helps you, too!
- ► 2014 (132)
- ► 2013 (239)
- Last day to get your free magazine!
- Top 12 Posts this Year 2012
- Friday Funny--My Own Nutcracker Tale
- Secure Daughters Confident Sons
- A Child's Discernment on Christmas Eve
- Christmas Praises
- A Christmas Prayer & The Christmas Scale
- Who Was St. Nicholas?
- Friday Funny--Tim Hawkins for the First Day of Win...
- Coupons for the Zombie Apocalypse tomorrow 12/21/1...
- Come, Thou Long-Expected Jesus--Hypostatic Union a...
- Quote--Charles Spurgeon on Wife and Motherhood
- White Christmas Crunch Squares---YUMMY!!
- The Birthday Gift
- Free Shipping Day for over 1500 online retailers. ...
- Friday Funny--A Musical Christmas
- Another MIja Math Video....converting measurements...
- Free Copy of Eternal Encouragement Magazine
- Measurement story & pictures---makes it soooo easy...
- Come, Thou Long-Expected Jesus: Mary & the Annunci...
- Friday Funny---Socialization the flip side
- Coupons for Christmas parties & gifts, DVDs & Blu ...
- Hannukah starts Saturday evening--history, crafts ...
- Infographic of Homeschool Statistics--Apologia
- “He alone, who owns the youth, gains the future!”
- The Nutcracker---Sights and Sounds.
- Eternal Encouragement Magazine is free this month!...
- ▼ December (27)
- ► 2011 (329)
- ► 2010 (281)