Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Measurement story & pictures---makes it soooo easy

Even when I taught in 5th and 6th grade in the classroom, helping students remember gallons, quarts, pints, and cups was always a pain. I must admit that I would remember long enough for classroom use, but then I would forget it when it came to my kitchen.

Then I found THIS WONDERFUL IDEA on Pinterest.  Here's how we put it into action at our house.
Not as pretty as on Pinterest, but just as practical. Here is mija explaining it.
In case you didn't make it out. Inside the Gallon castle lived four queens (quarts). Each queen had a prince and princess (pints) and each of them had two cats (cups). 

This has made these measurements so easy for mija to work with! Hope it helps you, too!

No comments:

Blog Archive