Tuesday, June 18, 2013
Math Trick for Leap Year
I've been dealing with insomnia the past few days. It leaves me a lot of time to think. Not about anything important mind you, just a menagerie of miscellaneous minutia I know.
One is how to know if any year was or will be a Leap Year.
I picked this up somewhere along my teaching career!
If the last two digits of the year are 00 or end in a number that is evenly divisible by 4, that year is a leap year.
1700=leap year because the last two digits are 00.
2016=leap year because 16 is evenly divisible by 4.
1965=not a leap year because 65 is not evenly divisible by 4.
Yup, this is what I did the other night while I was not sleeping.
Then I got on to the year 2525 which lead me to begin thinking about...
See, you really do want me to sleep! ;-)
- ► 2014 (132)
- Friday Funny--Chemistry Cat Summer #2
- Ripple Along the Shore---Review for Summer Reading...
- VBS last week
- CurrClick.com's Can't Make it to Convention Event-...
- Reading Kingdom Review
- Last minute CVS run---Savings of 76%
- Friday Funny--Chemistry Cat Summer #1
- For Women Only--review and GIVEAWAY!!!
- Inspired: Designed with Purpose
- Still a lot of Free Flatbread left...grab yours!
- Math Trick for Leap Year
- Add Award-Winning Reading to your Homeschool
- Fatherhood---Happy Father's Day
- Friday Funny--Patriotic Cymbal Player for Flag Day...
- Free Flatbread Giveaway at Chili's
- Coffee and K-cup coupons--the fuel of homeschoolin...
- Flag Day and Fourth of July Patriotic Craft Ideas-...
- Wednesday Websites: Share your birthday with someo...
- Check out my "UGH" piece
- Saving On-the-fly Money at CVS
- I have a winner!
- Homemade Laundry Soap
- Friday Funny--Famous Composers
- Price Chopper--saved almost 70% on groceries
- Watching my Daughter's Spiritual Journey
- Wednesday Websites--Bible
- S*x in the Sanctuary
- The Fourth Fisherman--a book review & giveaway
- ▼ June (28)
- ► 2012 (399)
- ► 2011 (329)
- ► 2010 (281)