Last night was Cubbies. The director/leader didn't make it.
We had a flat tire. And a poor donut (replacement tire not pastry!)
Hubby even had to call in for work last night.
Had to cancel my appointment to get new eyeglasses today because the money had to go to replace the tire.
Then in my morning Bible reading, I read Psalm 13.
After complaining to God about the situation, David ends the Psalm in praise. In verse six he states, "I will sing to the Lord, because he has dealt bountifully with me."
Things haven't seemed very bountiful in the last 24 hours.
I remembered, however, what I actually deserve. I deserve hell. Anything besides eternal damnation is God dealing with me more bountifully than I deserve.
Phone worked. I was able to let the Commander know and call and ask a friend to help in Cubbies. The computer and internet were working which allowed me to email lesson plans and worksheets to the church secretary to get to the class. Hubby's call in will be covered meaning no loss in pay. We had the money set aside for my glasses which we could use for the replacement tire.
Yes, "He has dealt bountifully with me."
- ► 2014 (132)
- Happy Reformation Day!!
- Friday Funny---Mother and child art
- I've still been exercising...and more
- Inspired--Shaping Parents
- The Math of Manners
- All this mess is "because he has dealt bountifully...
- Friday Funny--Fatherhood Batman-style
- What Once Was Lost--Book Review
- I've exercised for 2 days in a row---PraiseMoves: ...
- 2013 Homeschool Blog Awards--Now taking nomination...
- Keeper of the Home---Katherine Von Bora-Luther
- Tons of Hasbro Coupons--Great for Christmas
- AWANA Cubbies studying Creation Week
- ▼ October (13)
- ► 2012 (399)
- ► 2011 (329)
- ► 2010 (281)