Monday, December 2, 2013
Homeschooling for Hanukkah...continues
Last Monday, I wrote an article for Hedua about Hanukkah. If you don't know what Hanukkah is about, that article is the place to start.
But I didn't merely write about it. We been doing it!
First, we've been working on a free lapbook from Homeschool Share. Find it HERE. It includes history and traditions. We've really enjoyed it. We are not done yet since we chose to complete it over the whole eight days!
We have a mini menorah and have been lighting it each night.We made potato latkes using leftover Thanksgiving mashed potatoes. We used this recipe. I know it is technically not a latke but it was close. (Hint: be patient and use less oil than I did.)
We made our quick and easy donuts.
We still need to make and play with a dreidel, but there is time!
- ► 2014 (132)
- My Top 13 Posts in 2013
- Friday Funny: Leviticus, the read through the Bibl...
- Some Holiday Cheer with Feliz Navidad
- Christmas Goodies Made this Weekend
- Friday Funny---I don't want anything for Christmas...
- The Women of Christmas by Liz Curtis Higgs--review...
- Empty Arms at Christmas
- Friday Funny--Naughty Dogs
- God's Virture
- Putting St. Nicholas Back into Christmas
- Sound of Music LIVE
- Friday Funny--Classical Opera family-style
- Homeschooling for Hanukkah...continues
- ▼ December (13)
- ► 2012 (399)
- ► 2011 (329)
- ► 2010 (281)