Thursday, April 20, 2017

Reusable Dryer Sheets using Essential Oils


This "recipe" is not original to me. In fact, you can find it all over the internet!  I just wanted to share it with you in case you've been hiding under a rock. 😉

I hate throwing away things that could possibly have some further use. I also hate using dryer sheets that have so many chemicals that attach to clothes and then soak into you body as you wear the clothes.

So, I  making my own reusable dryer sheets!

First,you need an old t-shirt or such. I use my old kitchen towels. Cut them into squares.

Obviously these were my holey kitchen towels!
You also need a mason jar or some other jar that closes to keep in the moisture.

To the jar, you add:
  • 3/4 cup of white vinegar
  • 1/4 cup of water
  • 6-10 drops of essential oil
It is up to you which essential oil you would like to use. Many use Lemon or Lavender. I chose Purification for two reasons. First, it smells heavenly. The blend includes Citronella, Lavandin, Lemongrass, Rosemary, Myrtle, and Tea Tree which leads me to my second reason. This blend can also help you have an annoyance-free outdoor experience.  Those pests just don't like the beautiful smell!

Once you've added the three ingredients to the jar, just add the "rags" and you're done. The liquid ingredients wick up through all the "dyer sheets."

So when I am done, I have these two jars on my dryer: 

The jar on the right has my damp, ready-to-use dryer sheets. Personally, I keep the other jar on the left to put my dryer sheets in after they come out o the dryer. It keeps them all together. You could use a basket or whatever works for you.

When the right one gets empty, I just start the process again! 

Quick, easy, and they work!

No comments:

Blog Archive