From Teachmagazine.com's email...
Easter is only two weeks away. I enjoy Easter more than most other "holidays." And while we could lament at how our Enemy has turned this sacred day into bunnies and chocolate, we can also stand up and celebrate this day for what it truly is...the capstone of our Christian faith!
We spend many weeks decorating and preparing for Christmas, but for many of us, Easter sneaks up on us and we're not ready for it. Worse, many Christians fail to use this time of the year to spread the Good News; the resurrection of the King of Kings!
Are you sharing the Easter message in your home? Here are a few ideas you can do over the next few weeks to celebrate the upcoming day:
1. Buy an Easter Lily and watch it bloom. The lily bulb is lifeless looking, but something beautiful comes from it. It can symbolize our new life in Christ and Christ's resurrection from the dead.
2. Use this time to take a break from your regular Bible study and focus on the Easter message. You can print free coloring pages and other Easter activities from a simple search on Google. There are also many teaching guidelines available on the Internet, too.
3. Pray with your children for someone in your lives that does not attend church; perhaps that person is open to visiting church on Easter Sunday with your family. If not, invite him/her over for Easter dinner.
4. Hold an Easter Egg-Stravaganza. Don't have the time to plan it? Simple...we've got the whole party planned for you already in our E-book The Party Book: Holiday Hooplas. The Easter outline includes how to make your own Resurrection Eggs (simple, inexpensive!) to tell the Easter story through the "found" eggs, as well as a devotion to share with your guests.
5. This link from Christianity Today has some wonderful ideas to do for the week prior to Easter.
Enjoy celebrating Easter! We'd love to hear some of your favorite Easter traditions. Just visit our Easter blog and leave your ideas!
- ► 2014 (132)
- ► 2013 (239)
- ► 2012 (399)
- ► 2011 (329)
- Easter Freebies
- End of School Year in Sight!
- Homeschools and Education Savings Accounts
- Children & Money
- Who is rewriting history?
- Teaching Children Responsibility
- Hanging Gardens of Babylon
- Easter Ideas
- Is the Shorter Catechism Worth While?
- Seven Special Reasons to Get Up and Get Out!
- Using a timer
- Internet 4 Classrooms
- Toss It or Treasure It?
- The Family: Together in God's Presence :: Desiring...
- Church Time: Occupying Little Ones' Hands and Mind...
- Flowers & chemistry activity
- Pine Tree Crosses
- Getting Ready for Easter
- Spring Into The Arts
- What Should I Be Teaching?
- Free History Channel DVD
- Pursuit & Pleasure of Reading for High School
- St. Patrick
- Free Notebooking Samples
- Cool Coloring Page Site
- An Arts Education
- March 14 is Pi Day!
- E-Sword--Free Bible Software
- Obey First and Then We'll Talk About It
- St. Patrick's Day
- Is it OK for home-school textbooks to dismiss the ...
- Bad Attitudes Come In Three Arenas
- The Secret to Helping Your Child Excel in School a...
- Teacher Created Resources
- Using Nature Study to Explore Science
- How Schools Unwittingly Promote Learning Disabilit...
- I'm a Friend of the Zoo. Are you?
- Museums on Us
- Homeschooling German Family Gets Politiacal Asylum...
- The Human Body free unit
- Veritas Press Art unit and contest
- Fathers in Education
- ▼ March (42)