From Teachmagazine.com's email...
Last Spring on a Sunday afternoon we took one of our "nowhere" drives thru the country. My husband was quietly driving along some back roads. I was occupied in the front passenger seat watching out the window as the scenery went by.
I noticed out of the corner of my eye that my husband was straining to lookout my window. This startled me, since his eyes should be on the road in front of him. I asked him what he was looking at out the windows, and he quietly replied, "Nothing. " He could have said he was looking for pine tree crosses for Easter. His eyes went back to the road in front of him.
After a few minutes, I looked over at my husband and noticed a tear running down his cheek. I asked him what was wrong. This time he told me, "I was just thinking about Pop and a story he had once told me." Of course, because it had to do with his Pop I wanted to know the story, so I asked him to share Pop's story with me.
He said, "When I was about 8 years old, Pop and I were out fishing and that's when he told me that the pine trees know when it is Easter."
I had no idea what he meant by that, so I pressed him for more information.
I turned to look out the window and I couldn't believe my eyes. It was a week before Easter, and you could see all of the pine trees with the tall yellow shoots stretching to Heaven.
The tallest ones shone in the sunlight like rows of tiny golden crosses.
- ► 2014 (132)
- ► 2013 (239)
- ► 2012 (399)
- ► 2011 (329)
- Easter Freebies
- End of School Year in Sight!
- Homeschools and Education Savings Accounts
- Children & Money
- Who is rewriting history?
- Teaching Children Responsibility
- Hanging Gardens of Babylon
- Easter Ideas
- Is the Shorter Catechism Worth While?
- Seven Special Reasons to Get Up and Get Out!
- Using a timer
- Internet 4 Classrooms
- Toss It or Treasure It?
- The Family: Together in God's Presence :: Desiring...
- Church Time: Occupying Little Ones' Hands and Mind...
- Flowers & chemistry activity
- Pine Tree Crosses
- Getting Ready for Easter
- Spring Into The Arts
- What Should I Be Teaching?
- Free History Channel DVD
- Pursuit & Pleasure of Reading for High School
- St. Patrick
- Free Notebooking Samples
- Cool Coloring Page Site
- An Arts Education
- March 14 is Pi Day!
- E-Sword--Free Bible Software
- Obey First and Then We'll Talk About It
- St. Patrick's Day
- Is it OK for home-school textbooks to dismiss the ...
- Bad Attitudes Come In Three Arenas
- The Secret to Helping Your Child Excel in School a...
- Teacher Created Resources
- Using Nature Study to Explore Science
- How Schools Unwittingly Promote Learning Disabilit...
- I'm a Friend of the Zoo. Are you?
- Museums on Us
- Homeschooling German Family Gets Politiacal Asylum...
- The Human Body free unit
- Veritas Press Art unit and contest
- Fathers in Education
- ▼ March (42)