Currclick.com gives away something free every Monday. You really need to sign up for it if you haven't already. Today's freebie is very cool. It's Important Constitutional Documents.
Here's what Currclick share about the item:
There are many, many documents that came before the U.S. Constitution, and contributed to it directly or indirectly. I have gathered together the ones that I found very useful in my studies of the Constitution. These work well for a "compare and contrast" study between any of the various documents and each other, and between these and the Constitution itself.
The following documents are included in this collection, some as excerpts, and some in their entirety.
Magna Carta (1215), The Mayflower Compact (1620), Fundamental Orders of Connecticut (1639), Massachusetts Body of Liberties (1641), English Bill of Rights (1689), Resolutions of the Stamp Act (1765), Fairfax County (Virginia) Resolves (1774), Patrick Henry's "Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death" speech (1775), Declaration of the Causes and Necessity of Taking Up Arms (1775), Thomas Paine's "Common Sense" pamphlet (1776), Virginia Declaration of Rights (1776), Constitution of Virginia (1776), Declaration of Independence (1776), Thomas Paine's "American Crisis" pamphlet (1776), Articles of Confederation (1777), Northwest Ordinance (1787), U.S. Constitution (1787), Federalist Paper #10 (1787), Bill of Rights, 1st 10 Amendments to the Constitution (1791), Letters between Danbury Baptists and President Jefferson (1801/1802), Amendments 11 - 27 (1795 - 1992)
- ► 2014 (132)
- ► 2013 (239)
- ► 2012 (399)
- ► 2011 (329)
- Field Trip Factory
- Found out about this really cool site from a loop...
- Books for Sale!!
- The Best Way to Punish Your Kids
- Copywork – What’s it All About? by Betsy Stout ...
- One of those days
- What Is Copywork?
- Homeschool Method: Narration
- Why a Schoolteacher is Quitting Her Job and Homesc...
- More Websites
- Free Printable Flash Card Maker.
- Weather Website
- Thanks to LeaAnn Garfias from Home Education on FB...
- An example of my adaptation
- The Theology of Crayons
- Happy Birthday, William Shakespeare!
- The Art of Retelling
- Four Hundred and Eighty-Nine Years Ago He Stood
- Home-schooling Does Not Hamper Socialization May ...
- Ode to Plurals---a cute email
- Feminism in Christian Colleges? Posted By Tiffany ...
- Ten American Girls From History---FREE
- Be Not Conformed
- Standardized Testing
- The Solution Isn't Just Bigger Consequences
- Teachers as Truth Brokers
- Important Constitutional Documents--FREE!!
- The Truth About Women that Feminists Don't Want Yo...
- Tim Hawkins
- Studying Plants in Science
- Home Schooler Gets Book Published
- My Review of First Language Lessons for the Well-T...
- Stupid in America
- What to Do When Kids Are Annoying
- Pizza Hut BOOK IT! Reading Program enrollment
- Awesome Opportunity for High School Students
- ▼ April (38)