I just found out from Jamin's Freebies on 4/2 about something called workboxes. There is information about them at Working the Workboxes. Apparently the goal is to help with organization and to encourage independent study.
Some of the things the writer of the article inclues in the boxes are:
--any independent science reading/lapbooking assignments
--some sort of flashcard game; either for math or music
--crafts (last week they created a horn book to go along with early American History)
--practice the piano card
--other notebooking/lapbooking activities
Jamin also has some other links listed about workboxes.
This might be a great time to investigate this idea, so there'd be time to start it next school year.
- ► 2014 (132)
- ► 2013 (239)
- ► 2012 (399)
- ► 2011 (329)
- Field Trip Factory
- Found out about this really cool site from a loop...
- Books for Sale!!
- The Best Way to Punish Your Kids
- Copywork – What’s it All About? by Betsy Stout ...
- One of those days
- What Is Copywork?
- Homeschool Method: Narration
- Why a Schoolteacher is Quitting Her Job and Homesc...
- More Websites
- Free Printable Flash Card Maker.
- Weather Website
- Thanks to LeaAnn Garfias from Home Education on FB...
- An example of my adaptation
- The Theology of Crayons
- Happy Birthday, William Shakespeare!
- The Art of Retelling
- Four Hundred and Eighty-Nine Years Ago He Stood
- Home-schooling Does Not Hamper Socialization May ...
- Ode to Plurals---a cute email
- Feminism in Christian Colleges? Posted By Tiffany ...
- Ten American Girls From History---FREE
- Be Not Conformed
- Standardized Testing
- The Solution Isn't Just Bigger Consequences
- Teachers as Truth Brokers
- Important Constitutional Documents--FREE!!
- The Truth About Women that Feminists Don't Want Yo...
- Tim Hawkins
- Studying Plants in Science
- Home Schooler Gets Book Published
- My Review of First Language Lessons for the Well-T...
- Stupid in America
- What to Do When Kids Are Annoying
- Pizza Hut BOOK IT! Reading Program enrollment
- Awesome Opportunity for High School Students
- ▼ April (38)