Monday, October 24, 2011

Chosen not abandoned

There's been a lot shared about Steve Jobs since his death a few weeks ago.  I have nothing new to share.  No breaking news or surprise skeleton from his closet. 

I just want to point out that he was adopted.

Yes, at the time of his birth, abortion was illegal but still available.  Instead, his birthparents decided to give him up for adoption.

Just think what the world would have missed if he had been aborted and not adopted.  As Business Week put it, he was born "into an era of rotary phones and room-size computers. He died... having put a computer inside a phone..."

Think of all the people we have lost because they were murdered.  And all the wonderful ways we could have been blessed by them are also lost.

Thankfully, mija's birth parents chose adoption as well.  I'm overwhelmed that God chose us to be her parents and part of His plan in such a special way.

Chosen.

That was also something mentioned by Steve Jobs in this week's episode of "60 Minutes".  "From then on, I realized that I was not just abandoned. I was chosen. I was special."

That's why adoption here on earth is so special.  It's just a small example of the adoption God gives to those who believe.

John Piper had a great lesson on adoption.  He can share about it much more clearly than I ever could.

So, if you'd like to read or listen to it, just CLICK HERE.

Or here it is if you'd like to watch it!  (It's about 36 minutes.)

No comments:

Blog Archive