Wednesday, December 14, 2011

New Recipes for Christmas??

I don't necessarily look forward to making goodies for Christmas.  I do it.  I enjoy it some while I'm doing it.  I like it when other people enjoy it (if it makes it out of the house!)  However, I'm not a major Christmas cookie and candy connoisseur regardless of what my husband and mija think.

I'm always looking for easy and inexpensive. 

I've been looking for new ideas this year, so I thought I'd share the two new things I'm planning on doing.  (Notice, It's about a week out and I'm still in the planning phase.)

(Just click on the photo to go the recipe.)

The first I found on Pinterest! ;-)

Peppermint Pretzel Melts! 
Pinned Image
Three ingredients and festive looking...
now that's what I'm talking about!

The second recipe is from Kraft foods, so it lists specific brands, but that doesn't mean I'll use those brands!

White Christmas Crunch Squares
Saltine baked with butter and brown sugar is a yum enough thought in itself,
BUT THEN you put white chocolate and candy canes on it! 

So there are the two new things I'm trying for this Christmas.  Are there any new things you are trying or just some tried and true recipes you'd like to share?  Please share!!!

2 comments:

Rena Jones said...

Those both look really good. One simple one I used to make for schools or church functions were mini chocolate cupcakes with white frosting. I'd top it with a peppermint candy and it looked really festive. Kids loved them.

Betsy Price said...

I definitely know one kid and one kid-at-heart that would like those! They would never make it out of the house! ;-)

Blog Archive