Ideally I check the weather a couple of times a day. I often check on the internet. I like the idea of watching the local news weather report, but they tell you so much, I actually get bored and lose track of what they are saying! By the time I realize I need to pay attention, I've missed the forecast!! Surely I can't be the only person who can't concentrate through the whole weather forecast!
2. Since this is volume 84 of the Wednesday Hodgepodge, and since I got married in 1984, and since I'm attending a wedding this weekend it only seems right to post something related here.
"Happiness in marriage is entirely a matter of chance. If the dispositions of the parties are ever so well known to each other or ever so similar beforehand, it does not advance their felicity in the least. They always continue to grow sufficiently unlike afterwards to have their share of vexation; and it is better to know as little as possible of the defects of the person with whom you are to pass your life."
Agree or Disagree. Why?Disagree. Marriage is definitely a chance to get to learn how different our spouses are from the person we actually married! That, however, is part of the refining process and purpose of marriage. Happiness is the choice you make to deal with those differences with a good attitude.
3. Do you like to dance? Have you ever taken dance lessons?I do love to get an "Electric Slide" on! I remember learning to dance when I was 4 or so in the upstairs hallway of my aunt's house. My teenage cousin would put some 45s on and we'd dance, dance, dance! Jackson-5. Osmonds. Paper Lace. More. That's the only dance lessons I had! I still love to dance and sometimes have my own dance party in the living room.
4. Fresh from the oven peach pie or home made peach ice cream? Pick one.Peach Pie with vanilla ice cream please!!
5. Should people accept unfairness and learn to make the best of it?Yes. In fact, that's one of the things I remind mija every time I hear "It's not fair." Life isn't fair. AND it's better to have justice than fairness. Ponder that!
6. The top five all time summer movie blockbusters (released between May and August and grossing at least 100 million dollars) are-Jaws, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Star Wars (the original), Ghostbusters, and ET. Which one's your favorite?I would have a tie between Raiders and Star Wars. Did you realize that all but one of those movies was brought to us by either Spielberg or Lucas?
7. If given the chance, would you like to visit the moon?Um, no. I mean if it were free, sure, but if I'd have to pay, I'd much rather spend the money going to Europe!
8. Insert your own random thought here.It was extremely hot last week. Saturday's high was 107! I have a friend who shared this idea. Instead of thinking of it as 107, he chose to think of it as only 75 degrees above freezing! It sounds so much cooler that way, doesn't it?