Mija has been doing some "shocking" learning. Electricity has caught her eye.
I all started with her sheet and blanket. One night she saw the "tiny lightening" and was actually a little freaked out. I explained that she was just seeing static electricity...like when one of us rubbed a balloon over our hair.
That calmed her, but she was intrigued.
And then this happened when we were folding clothes one day.
Two strings from this rag (yes, I cut up old things to make rags) were just standing up, side-by-side, due to static. You could put your hands over them and under them and they wouldn't move. It was really cool.
So, now I am finding little lessons to teach about electricity.
One that I found was through Super-Charged Science. I've posted about free classes with them before. Well, I found one lesson and experiment on electricity and am using it.
I really like how Aurora Lipper of Super-Charged Science makes everything easy and accessible.
So, if you want a fast lesson about electricity check out HERE. It mentions an access code, but I didn't need one. All I used was my email address, and it took me straight to the lesson.
- ► 2014 (132)
- Creating Contentment--review
- Wednesday Websites--art and craft
- Anne of Green Gables--11 book set only $0.99!!
- Toy Coupons
- Swagbucks--join the party
- Friday Funny--National Sweet Potato Day!
- Getting Out of Bed In the Morning
- One of the Top Ten Funniest Blogs of 2012
- Get your taxes done for FREE!!
- More evidence of Spiritual growth
- Toy Coupons
- Every Day's A Holdiay!
- God Gave Us Easter
- Friday Funny--Classical Hokey Pokey
- I'm glad I didn't freak out...what would you have ...
- And the Valentine Winner is...
- Making Valentine's Cards
- Learning about Electricity and a Video to help
- Lesson Pathways--African American History Month
- Friday Funny---Groundhog Day
- ▼ February (21)
- ► 2012 (399)
- ► 2011 (329)
- ► 2010 (281)