A quick idea for African American History that I'm using from Lesson Pathways.
First of all, I started using Lesson Pathways for our language. I have it listed under curriculum on my Helpful Websites page. It's FREE.
What I like is how it integrates literature with spelling, vocabulary, and more.
For third grade, one of the reading units is Dream Variations by Langston Hughes. It looks like a great unit to combine poetry, black history, and more. I'm thinking of adding some science be review the day and night cycle.
Will you be integrating some things for Black History Month this February?
- ► 2014 (132)
- Creating Contentment--review
- Wednesday Websites--art and craft
- Anne of Green Gables--11 book set only $0.99!!
- Toy Coupons
- Swagbucks--join the party
- Friday Funny--National Sweet Potato Day!
- Getting Out of Bed In the Morning
- One of the Top Ten Funniest Blogs of 2012
- Get your taxes done for FREE!!
- More evidence of Spiritual growth
- Toy Coupons
- Every Day's A Holdiay!
- God Gave Us Easter
- Friday Funny--Classical Hokey Pokey
- I'm glad I didn't freak out...what would you have ...
- And the Valentine Winner is...
- Making Valentine's Cards
- Learning about Electricity and a Video to help
- Lesson Pathways--African American History Month
- Friday Funny---Groundhog Day
- ▼ February (21)
- ► 2012 (399)
- ► 2011 (329)
- ► 2010 (281)