I do not go out of my way, but a lot of it comes naturally to me. This is because I was raised by my grandparents who lived through the Great Depression. Although how a depression would be great boggles the mind.
One of the simple things I do is make rags. We do not buy paper towels. We use rags.
Rags that I do not purchase to be rags.
|Rags fresh from the laundry.|
Here are some of the benefits:
- No extra expense to purchase.
- Washable instead of ending in the landfill.
- If you use them for a really grimy job, no hard feelings about throwing them away.
- Can be made a variety of sizes for a variety of jobs.
- Doing dishes. Dusting. Spot cleaning. Car. Bathroom. Anything you need a rag for.
- Now you know what you can do with the orphaned socks!!