Monday, March 11, 2013

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle--Rags

Do you reduce, reuse, recycle?

I do not go out of my way, but a lot of it comes naturally to me. This is because I was raised by my grandparents who lived through the Great Depression. Although how a depression would be great boggles the mind.

One of the simple things I do is make rags. We do not buy paper towels. We use rags.

Rags that I do not purchase to be rags.

Rags fresh from the laundry.
Old holey towels, shirts, sheets. None hit the trash can until it has been given a second chance as a rag.

Here are some of the benefits:

  • No extra expense to purchase.
  • Washable instead of ending in the landfill.
  • If you use them for a really grimy job, no hard feelings about throwing them away.
  • Can be made a variety of sizes for a variety of jobs.
  • Doing dishes. Dusting. Spot cleaning. Car. Bathroom. Anything you need a rag for.
  • Now you know what you can do with the orphaned socks!!
What is something simple you do that would fit into Reduce, reuse, and recycle?


No comments:

Blog Archive