Unless you are my age group---then you need pipe cleaners instead of chenille stems! ;-)
I mentioned on my previous post about Flag Day/Fourth of July crafts. Although I had to do it differently, of course!
First, we bent 4 stem in half, twisted the "handle" and spread out the legs. We used white poster paint on black construction paper to make the basic firework shape.
Here is what one looked like after we were done with this step.
Now you could sprinkle regular glitter on the wet paint if you wanted to do so, however, I had a goal of getting some fine motor skill practice for some smaller fingers.
So, we let the paint dry and then used some glitter glue to decorate our fireworks.
Here are some of the finished fireworks!
Tomorrow we'll do a different for of "fireworks" that can also be used for flowers and other things.
- ► 2014 (132)
- Wrapping up Summer Reading
- Answer to Prayer---CVS ECB
- The Well-Planned Day Planner----GIVEAWAY
- Liberty Kids---complete series on $7.99
- A+ Interactive Math gets an A
- Currclick.com Pay What You Want Weekend!
- Friday Funny--Chemistry Cat #6
- Eclectic Homeschool Online--Thanks for the shout o...
- Educents----Kind of like a Groupon for Educators!
- You Can't Make Me...Strategies for your Strong-Wil...
- Friday Funny--Chemistry Cat Summer #5
- Let go of performing--Inspired
- How to Keep A Scientific Journal---Guest post
- World Snake Day--Easy snake crafts
- Homeschool Learning & Summer Fun
- Friday Funny--Chemistry Cat Summer #4
- Free Slurpee Today from 7-Eleven
- Another Impromptu CVS Run--Only paid 2/3 of retail...
- Free Birthday Treats---a couple of options
- Can't believe we're past July 4th!
- The Love Dare---Free on Kindle
- Friday Funny---Chemistry Cat Summer #3
- Fireworks craft--coffee filters, rubber bands, mar...
- The Brinkman Adventures--review
- Fireworks Artwork---paper, paint, glitter glue & c...
- For Women Only Giveaway Winners
- New Edition of Eternal Encouragement Magazine is o...
- ▼ July (27)
- ► 2012 (399)
- ► 2011 (329)
- ► 2010 (281)