From the HSLDA E-lert Service...
Missouri--Branson Using Ploy to get "Declaration of Enrollment"
Dear HSLDA Members and Friends:
Branson Public Schools recently sent a misleading letter to area homeschool families referring to the homeschool statute and saying, "In order to meet these requirements, we will need the attached form
[a Declaration of Enrollment] completed and returned to us."
Missouri law allows a family to file an optional "Declaration of Enrollment." It is rarely, if ever, to a family's benefit to file it. If filed, it may be treated as a public document and be made available to any interested party, whether their intentions are honest or otherwise.
When public schools use tactics like this, the motive can often be traced back to money. Public schools may get a little extra money from the state for every family that files the optional declaration.
If you think you might be one of those few families who might be benefitted by filing, please call so we can talk. Otherwise, feel free to disregard a school's invitation or demand to file.
HSLDA Senior Counsel
- ► 2014 (132)
- ► 2013 (239)
- ► 2012 (399)
- Parents, don't dress your girls like tramps
- Earn Free Books from Scholastic
- 5 Ways To Get Your Kids To Eat Healthy
- Prioritizing Your Priorities
- I think I can....I think I can...
- Easy Peasy Family EV
- Vlad and I
- It was nice.
- Post Tax Day Funny
- Untangling Tangled
- Big List of Frugal Summer Ideas for Kids!
- Plastic Eggs, Anyone?
- HSLDA Alert for Branson, Missouri
- Nancy Leigh and a thought from me!
- Follow-up on Mississippi
- It's not *just* about the book.
- More Quotes
- C.S. Lewis is spot on once again.
- Shocker! On his own, judge demands homeschool stud...
- I'm a guest post!
- Manners or Math?
- i will survive by igudesman & joo
- Homeschoolers Help Amid Devastation
- An Exciting Word
- New Quote
- Why Do We Let Girls Dress Like That?
- Autism Awareness Month
- ▼ April (31)
- ► 2010 (281)