"Our tightly controlled educational system mocks the promise of democracy. With a closed educational system we simply cannot have an open political system. The current situation allows the government and big business to manufacture and maintain our culture for us, and in turn, control remains in the hands of the experts and institutions. The ability to change this situation is in the hands of the individuals and families who understand why change is necessary."
-- Helen Hegener
author, co-publisher of Home Education Magazine
"Do you think nobody would willingly entrust his children to you or pay you for teaching them? Why do you have to extort your fees and collect your pupils by compulsion?"
-- Isabel Paterson
(1886-1961) Canadian-American journalist, author, political philosopher, literary critic
- ► 2014 (132)
- ► 2013 (239)
- ► 2012 (399)
- Parents, don't dress your girls like tramps
- Earn Free Books from Scholastic
- 5 Ways To Get Your Kids To Eat Healthy
- Prioritizing Your Priorities
- I think I can....I think I can...
- Easy Peasy Family EV
- Vlad and I
- It was nice.
- Post Tax Day Funny
- Untangling Tangled
- Big List of Frugal Summer Ideas for Kids!
- Plastic Eggs, Anyone?
- HSLDA Alert for Branson, Missouri
- Nancy Leigh and a thought from me!
- Follow-up on Mississippi
- It's not *just* about the book.
- More Quotes
- C.S. Lewis is spot on once again.
- Shocker! On his own, judge demands homeschool stud...
- I'm a guest post!
- Manners or Math?
- i will survive by igudesman & joo
- Homeschoolers Help Amid Devastation
- An Exciting Word
- New Quote
- Why Do We Let Girls Dress Like That?
- Autism Awareness Month
- ▼ April (31)
- ► 2010 (281)