Friday, April 22, 2011

I think I can....I think I can...

The Little Train That Could
I think I can....I think I can...
I think I can get this Gabby Mom review done...

I could say I'm having a writer's block, but I think it's more of a reviewer's block. 

The item I get to review this month is the newly, refurbished Eternal Encouragement Magazine published by http://www.eternalencouragement.com/.  The magazine is awesome, but my ability to put into words with my usual humorous lilt just seems to be lacking.  No particular reason. 

So, I actually showed the magazine to some other moms I know from homeschool gymnastics.  I thought maybe they would say something about the magazine that would just spark my creativity.

Nah, not so much.
They noted things like:

"Wow, there is a LOT in this magazine."
"These articles are not fluff.  They would take me back to the Word and point me to God.  I need that."
"This magazine has information I can use."
"Cool.  It addresses being a Godly Women, Homemaker and Mother.  That's where I am."

Yeah, sure. I already knew all that.  I was going to share all that already. I also pointed out some things to them such as:

The size is very handy for carrying in my purse, thus making it easy to keep it convenient for reading anywhere. 
Oh, and the articles are deep but not too long making them easy to read during the busy day.

I even had my 6 year old daughter look at it.  After all, the magazine covers the kind of things I want her to know and learn to be as a woman of God.

She thoughts on the magazine were:
"It's good."
"It's about family things, and that's important."
"It's about good things."
"I think the girls on the front are pretty."

So, between my gymnastics moms, my daughter and me,  (yes, it should be "me" instead of "I" because it's the object of the preposition),  I have completed my main thoughts about the magazine. 

Summed up, it means the magazine is worth the investment and defnitely a keeper.  I wonder what I'd have to do to get a free subscription in addition to the free edition I was given to review?  Hmmmm....  Did I mention the girls on the front of the magazine were very pretty young women?  They must have a beautiful mother! 

I received this product for honest review from Eternal Encouragement Magazine as a part of The Gabby Moms blogging program. All opinions expressed are solely my own.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

We think alike. For some reason I had a hard time putting humor into my review also. Maybe it just wasn't appropriate for this magazine.
Interesting how you shared it with others to get their comments. Nice touch :)
Fellow Gabby Mom

Danielle Leigh said...

I also think that the magazine is a keeper! Such great articles in there. Love the quotes from you fellow gymnastic homeschooling moms!

Fellow Gabby Mom

Anonymous said...

I greatly appreciated the magazine, too.
Great idea to pass it along.

Jada
another Gabby Mom

Blog Archive