Saturday, April 16, 2011
"Governments have ever been known to hold a high hand over the education of the people. They know, better than anyone else, that their power is based almost entirely on the school. Hence, they monopolize it more and more."
-- Francisco Ferrer
[Francisco Ferrer y Guardia] (1857-1909) founder of 'The Modern School' in Barcelona, Spain, arrested and executed without trial by firing squad following the declaration of martial law in 1909 during the 'Tragic Week'
Source: The Modern School, 1908
"Education is a weapon, whose effect depends on who holds it in his hands and at whom it is aimed."
-- Josef Stalin
(1879-1953) Communist leader of the USSR
"The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother's care, shall be in state institutions at state expense."
-- Karl Marx
(1818- 1883) Father of Communism, Author of the 'Communist Manifesto'
Source: The Communist Manifesto
- ► 2014 (132)
- ► 2013 (239)
- ► 2012 (399)
- Parents, don't dress your girls like tramps
- Earn Free Books from Scholastic
- 5 Ways To Get Your Kids To Eat Healthy
- Prioritizing Your Priorities
- I think I can....I think I can...
- Easy Peasy Family EV
- Vlad and I
- It was nice.
- Post Tax Day Funny
- Untangling Tangled
- Big List of Frugal Summer Ideas for Kids!
- Plastic Eggs, Anyone?
- HSLDA Alert for Branson, Missouri
- Nancy Leigh and a thought from me!
- Follow-up on Mississippi
- It's not *just* about the book.
- More Quotes
- C.S. Lewis is spot on once again.
- Shocker! On his own, judge demands homeschool stud...
- I'm a guest post!
- Manners or Math?
- i will survive by igudesman & joo
- Homeschoolers Help Amid Devastation
- An Exciting Word
- New Quote
- Why Do We Let Girls Dress Like That?
- Autism Awareness Month
- ▼ April (31)
- ► 2010 (281)