Thursday, August 25, 2011
A Girl's First Domestic Domain
However, it became more to me than that. One little section has caused me to pause and re-evaluate the reason to keep the house clean.
"We don’t keep our homes clean so others will ooh and aah over what we have accomplished or so our friends will like us, we keep our homes clean because we are a direct reflection of the Lord, a God of order, not chaos. (2 Cor 3:18)"
It made an impact the other night when I had to wake my daughter up to finish cleaning her room. Needless to say, she was not happy about it. After the chore was finally completed, I had the opportunity to share the difference between order and chaos, the fact that God is a God of order in whose image we were made, AND the that it was something we both needed to work on.
It has made a difference looking at the table or the floor and realize I need to bring order to the chaos. I've also told mija today, "The bathroom floor is in choas. Please bring some order to it." She knew exactly to what I was refering and how it glorified God the creator.
So, here's the article that made a difference to me these last few days:
A Girl’s First Domestic Domain
by Amy on August 22, 2011
My daughters share a bedroom. It’s a lovely space with khaki-colored walls and equine-inspired decor. It is a place that is distinctly “them,” a blending of two unique individuals.
Where many people see a place to sleep, I see a place to practice. A domain all their own where creativity and orderliness can take flight.
Creativity and Orderliness.
These two must go hand in hand or you will quickly find your daughters amassing enormous quantities of paper bits, posters, trinkets, and knick-knacks. But never fear! You can teach your daughters how to care for their very first domain beautifully and neatly.
To read the rest click HERE.
This article was posted on August 22 on Raising Homemakers. I knew I was going to post it because it makes a very valid point about having your daughter's bedroom become the training ground for her future role.
- ► 2014 (132)
- ► 2013 (239)
- ► 2012 (399)
- SwagBucks...come join me!
- Edible Cell for Biology....so coooooool!
- Henry VIII and his 6 wives
- A lot of coupons
- AND THE WINNER IS.......
- Homemade Edible Finger Paint
- Tim Hawkins-- Girls vs. Boys
- For those of us not facing the hurricane...
- The Preeminence of Jesus Is for Everyday Life
- A Girl's First Domestic Domain
- ThredUp--I'm going to try it.
- Cafemom--a new homeschooling resource
- Earthquakes Everywhere! Learning Opportunities Ev...
- Organized Ramblings---a review and GIVEAWAY!!! UPD...
- Free Personalized Photo Calendar---think Christmas...
- Freebie Site & Free audio Chronicles of Narnia
- Don't take a bath & other things I learned from 5 ...
- Sunday Insert Preview
- School Supply or Craft Tote
- Back to School Treat
- Not-Extreme Couponing Resource Links
- A Quiznos Deal
- PhysicsCentral giving away FREE Science Posters
- Sunday Insert Preview
- New Youth Curriculum on Biblical Manhood and Woman...
- Teaching Our Babes to Clean
- Vistaprint deal for Wed. 8/10...PERSONALIZED NOTEB...
- Betsy's Price is Right: Vistaprint $2 Tote bag TOD...
- Free Expo Markers, anyone? [EXPIRED}
- Couponing---part of my home life if you couldn't t...
- I'm going back to Spelling City and moving in!
- See you at CVS, Finally
- Betsy's Price is Right: Walgreens Work Out
- Betsy's Price is Right: Hoarding it HyVee-style
- Kids and Chores
- Summer Road Trip #1: Car Snacks
- Adorable Firefly/Lightening Bug Craft
- ▼ August (38)
- ► 2010 (281)