Thursday, February 16, 2012

My Ministry--A Gift of God's Grace


Of this gospel I was made a minister according to the gift of God's grace, which was given me by the working of his power. (Ephesians 3:7, ESV)

When I read this verse, I thought about Paul's ministry and the challenges he faced.  I'll let him tell it in his own words.


Three times I was beaten with rods. Once I was stoned. Three times I was shipwrecked; a night and a day I was adrift at sea; on frequent journeys, in danger from rivers, danger from robbers, danger from my own people, danger from Gentiles, danger in the city, danger in the wilderness, danger at sea, danger from false brothers; in toil and hardship, through many a sleepless night, in hunger and thirst, often without food, in cold and exposure. (2 Cor. 11:25-27, ESV)



Definitely sounds challenging.  Yet he believed being a minister to the Gentiles was a gift of God's grace. A minister is a servant or waiter. Most wouldn't consider a calling as a servant a great gift.  In fact, it's not just a gift but a gift of grace.  In other words, this gift is undeserved. He didn't even deserve to be a servant. 


Then I considered me.  I was made a minister to my family.  I serve my family.  I definitely face challenges in this ministry but thankfully none like Paul's!!  This role to minister to my family is a gift of God's grace.  I don't deserve to serve them, but God gifted me with this ministry.

Too often, the world tries to tell us that our roles as wife and mother are a curse or a trap.  Sometimes we believe them.  Instead, I'm going to choose to consider this ministry I have as a gift of God's grace.  Thanks for the gift, Father!

Linked to:
Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Blog Archive