1. February 22nd is National Be Humble Day...what makes you proud? What keeps you humble?
Writing articles for other blogs and magazines makes me both proud and humble. There's the obvious proud point about God using me that way, but mostly it's humbling. It's humbling to consider that people may want to read what I write and also a big responsibility if I share from the Scriptures.
2. Where is the catch-all (aka dumping ground) in your house?
My whole house is the catch-all!
3. Do you make it a point to visit State/National Parks when you travel or even in your own hometown? What's your favorite?
We'd like to make it a point but we haven't had a vacation in years. We do live in the same town as the Harry Truman National Park which is his home. I helped my daughter earn a Junior Ranger badge for it. We'd like to go back to the George Washington Carver National Park outside of Joplin, MO. It was free and was a BIG blessing with quotes from the man all over the park.
4. How would you define honor?
I'm going to be lazy but educational and share some of Webster's 1828 dictionary's definitions:1. The esteem due or paid to worth; high estimation.
4. Reverence; veneration; or any act by which reverence and submission are expressed,as worship paid to the Supreme Being.
5. Reputation; good name; as, his honor is unsullied.
6. True nobleness of mind; magnanimity; dignified respect for character, springing from probity, principle or moral rectitude; a distinguishing trait in the character of good men.
1. To revere; to respect; to treat with deference and submission, and perform relative duties to.
4. To glorify; to render illustrious.
5. To treat with due civility and respect in the ordinary intercourse of life.
5. Angel's food or Devil's food-which cake do you prefer?
Since I don't like chocolate flavored things, definitely Angel's food cake.
6. What's the most recent road trip you've taken? Where did you go and how many hours did you spend in the car? Do you like to zoom to your destination without stopping or leisurely wind your way there with stops along the way? What is your car snack of choice?
We haven't been anywhere for AGES. I personally like to take the drive leisurely stopping to go to the bathroom or see something along the way. In fact, my husband has learned if I have to go to the bathroom or get even a little hungry, he needs to pull over unless he wants me to start throwing up. I can get car sick fairly easily.
7. Recent headlines told how a preschool child in NC had their packed lunch from home taken away and a school lunch substituted by a school inspector who deemed the homemade lunch unhealthy. Reportedly the parent was then billed for the school lunch (chicken nugget meal) although an update to the story says the parent was not billed. The inspector was conducting a routine inspection of the classroom-he/she was not there solely to peek in the lunchboxes. The packed lunch contained a turkey and cheese sandwich, an apple juice box, a bag of chips, and a banana. You can read the story here. Your thoughts?
Keep the government out of your children's lunch. Homeschool your child like I do, and you don't have to worry about school lunch! ;-)
8. Insert your own random thought here.I'm excited because I'm going to a workshop in Omaha (4 hours away) to hear and meet Lorrie Flem of Eternal Encouragement. I've been reviewing her products for over a year now and have started writing for magazine. It will be a blessing to actually meet her. My mom will be coming with me.