Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Non-Suzy Q Homemaker Tip

I'm not a great housekeeper.  I wouldn't even consider myself a good housekeeper.  Recently, however, I found a trick that has helped me, and I thought I'd share it with you.  


Most of you probably have no issue with this, so don't laugh at me.  Okay?


I've started making my bed. Yes, I making my bed.  It was never a big deal while I was growing up.  Then when I got married, my hubby worked second or third shift the frequently, so it seemed futile to make the bed. Just close the door.  No one will see.


My hubby likes the bed made, however.  So, I started making the bed to please my husband in honor of our 23rd anniversary.  I know, about time.


I knew it had to be easy, or I wouldn't do it.  Also, stretching and bending to fold the comforter also hurts my back, and then there was the question of where to put it once it was folded.  You see, I can't just fold down the comforter and leave it on the bed because my feet demand freedom!  I have to be able to stick my feet out from under the covers and I move A LOT.


Now we have a bed with a foot board.  This couldn't be done without a foot board.


First I have the bed.  I take the extra pillows and put them on the back of the headboard.  
Then I take the comforter and I fold half way down.
Lastly, I fold it down one more time making sure it's removed from the bed and hanging "pretty."
There you go.  Just reverse the process to make the bed.  It's so easy and not too hard on my back.  Even mija can make my bed this way!


Now, what can I start doing to please my husband for our 30th anniversary!  ;-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about feet freedom ,ooof jeff tucks in the bottom ARRRRRRRRRRG! ,and for once we have NO foot board thank goodness, so finally I said ok I will make the bed up if you stop tucking in my side lol, when you go to bed rofl,

Eddie said...

Nice trick!

I starting making the bed every morning when I discovered that a) it makes the bedroom look tidier instantly, and b) I can steal back all the covers and sheets that my husband stole off my side overnight!

Betsy Price said...

Thanks for your comments!

2Renee--I had to make an arrangement with my hubby, too, although mine was him taking a nap on top of the comforter instead of under the sheets!

2Eddie--Unfortunately, I'm the sheet stealer!!
You're right. Making the bed does help bring order out of chaos.

Blog Archive