Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Fall Leaves---Science & art
I wish I had found this activity in the spring when I was teaching DD about plants!
The colors that appear in fall have been hidden by the green chorophyll.
Draw outlines of leaves; color them with crayons, and paint over the leaf with green tempera. After the paint dries, use pennies to scratch off some of the paint to reveal orange, red & yellow underneath. Discuss how it approximates the scientific process.
- ► 2014 (132)
- ► 2013 (239)
- ► 2012 (399)
- ► 2011 (329)
- Double Up...Math activity w/ recipes
- The end of Miley Cyrus (OneNewsNow.com)
- Fall Leaves---Science & art
- Language Arts idea using cartons/boxes
- Get Science Experiments & Videos FREE
- A High and Holy Calling Leslie Basham: Nancy Leig...
- OCH- Amphibians
- Preparing Princes
- Celebrating America's 234th Birthday
- Runner from Ravenshead
- Is It OK for Moms to Have Jobs Outside of the Home...
- Five Ways to Use Audio books 1. Sheer Fun Audio ...
- WatchKnow. Videos for kids to learn from. Organi...
- Cool Insect Coloring Book
- Preschool Thoughts
- Charles Spurgeon's Birthday and Bible
- Cleaning House--Workboxes
- Summer Reading Contest
- Top 10 Trends in Homeschooling
- Homeschooling Dads
- Embrace Homemaking--Be Busy at Home Posted on 08 J...
- How can ‘mother’ be a sexist stereotype? Carolyn ...
- Using Audio Books in Your Homeschool by Molly Eve...
- Summer fun - Inglés 360° | CurrClick
- Free atronomy video from NASA
- Which Camp Do I Belong To?
- 101 Things to do this Summer
- I'm learning, too.
- The Power of Relationships
- Thoughts on Curriculums
- Modeling Marriage
- Currclick's weekly freebie
- ▼ June (33)