Friday, January 7, 2011

Divine Interruptions--Nancy Leigh DeMoss

January 7, 2011


Divine Interruptions

Nancy Leigh DeMoss: Sometimes we need to ask God to keep us from distractions during our devotional times.

“Jesus got up, left the house, and went off to a solitary place." (Ding) "The dryer’s done. No . . . I think it can wait. Let’s see . . . 'Simon and his companions went to look for him, and when they found him, they exclaimed: "Everyone is looking for you."’”  (Phone ring.) “Uhhh. Maybe it’s an emergency. (ring) No, keep reading. ‘Let us go somewhere else (ring) to the nearby villages (ring) so I . . .'”

Nancy: But sometimes an interruption may be God-sent.

“Mommy, what are you doing?”
“Well, come here. Let me show you. See, I’m reading about Jesus.”

Nancy: Ask God for discernment. Sometimes an interruption is actually an opportunity from Him.
With Seeking Him, I’m Nancy Leigh DeMoss.

No comments:

Blog Archive