OVER TWO MILLION CHILDREN ARE HOMESCHOOLED
Purcellville, VA—In a new study released today the National Home Education Research Institute (NHERI) estimates there were over 2 million children being homeschooled in the United States in 2010. “The growth of the modern homeschool movement has been remarkable,” said Michael Smith, president of HSLDA. “Just 30 years ago there were only an estimated 20,000 homeschooled children,” he added.
According to the U.S. Census Bureau (2008) there were an estimated 54 million K–12 children in the U.S. in spring 2010, which means homeschoolers account for nearly 4% of the school-aged population, or 1 in 25 children.
Today, homeschoolers can be found in all walks of life and with a wide variety of curriculum options, and a proven record of academic as well as social success, homeschooling is rapidly becoming a mainstream education alternative.
The NHERI study used data from both government and private sources in order to arrive at the 2 million figure.
Home School Legal Defense Association (HSLDA) is a 28-year-old, 85,000 member non-profit organization and the preeminent national association advocating the legal right of parents to homeschool their children
- ► 2014 (132)
- ► 2013 (239)
- ► 2012 (399)
- Snow Plans
- Animal Report Form--Currclick's Freebie
- It's all good...and all free!
- Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend...and other jewe...
- Turn that car around right this minute!
- EXPIRED--Bossy R Phonics Manipulatives and Workshe...
- A Thomas Jefferson Education
- Magic Vocabulary Bullet
- Explain New Rules Before You Start
- Unleashing Your Children's Talents
- Homeschooling the Rebellious Child
- FEMINISM IS ANTI-FAMILY, ANTI-FATHER, AND ENCOURAG...
- Overcoming the Midwinter Blahs
- Cutting Curriculum Cost
- The Ways We Have Ruined Our Children
- Giving Instructions
- Well-Balanced Reading
- Super Summit Tonight
- Using Words That Bless
- Multiplication Games Level One
- Why Home Educate?
- It's Winter! Free Pocket Chart Set
- FREE--CurrClick Open House for Online Classes
- Divine Interruptions--Nancy Leigh DeMoss
- Home Education Super Summit--My recap of day one
- OVER TWO MILLION CHILDREN ARE HOMESCHOOLED Purcel...
- Tangled is Mangled.
- One Day at a Time
- ▼ January (29)
- ► 2010 (281)