Today's Seeking Him from Nancy Leigh DeMoss was good...
Nancy Leigh DeMoss: Almost every mom struggles to give her kids a well-balanced diet.
“It doesn’t matter what I cook! She only wants to eat pizza and peanut butter and jelly!”
Nancy: Do you know that we can approach the Bible just like a picky child?
(Yawn) “Oh, where was I? I guess I’ll just read a psalm—a short psalm.”
Nancy: Just as our bodies need a balanced diet, our spirits need the whole counsel of God’s Word. Some passages seem more appetizing than others. But if our diet consists mainly of the Psalms with a smidgen of the New Testament Epistles on the side, we just won’t grow as we should.
Paul reminded Timothy that “all Scripture is God-breathed and is profitable.” We need the Psalms and Epistles. But we also need the Old Testament books of the Law, history, the Prophets, and the New Testament Gospels.
Are you getting a balanced diet from God’s Word?
With Seeking Him, I’m Nancy Leigh DeMoss.
- ► 2014 (132)
- ► 2013 (239)
- ► 2012 (399)
- Snow Plans
- Animal Report Form--Currclick's Freebie
- It's all good...and all free!
- Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend...and other jewe...
- Turn that car around right this minute!
- EXPIRED--Bossy R Phonics Manipulatives and Workshe...
- A Thomas Jefferson Education
- Magic Vocabulary Bullet
- Explain New Rules Before You Start
- Unleashing Your Children's Talents
- Homeschooling the Rebellious Child
- FEMINISM IS ANTI-FAMILY, ANTI-FATHER, AND ENCOURAG...
- Overcoming the Midwinter Blahs
- Cutting Curriculum Cost
- The Ways We Have Ruined Our Children
- Giving Instructions
- Well-Balanced Reading
- Super Summit Tonight
- Using Words That Bless
- Multiplication Games Level One
- Why Home Educate?
- It's Winter! Free Pocket Chart Set
- FREE--CurrClick Open House for Online Classes
- Divine Interruptions--Nancy Leigh DeMoss
- Home Education Super Summit--My recap of day one
- OVER TWO MILLION CHILDREN ARE HOMESCHOOLED Purcel...
- Tangled is Mangled.
- One Day at a Time
- ▼ January (29)
- ► 2010 (281)