Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Hard-boiled Easter eggs in a Crockpot with no water

Yes, you read that correctly.

I just hard-boiled eggs in a crockpot using no water.  I found out about doing it at Moms With Crockpots

I was so intrigued because I dislike boiling eggs to dye for Easter. They always crack which totally ruins keeping even dozens of eggs to color! I had seen the option of baking them to hard-boil them, but this seemed so much easier!

I ran a test batch. Here's the basics.

Put your eggs in your crockpot.

You cook them for two hours on high.


And you get this. Yummy hard-boiled eggs

Now, here is one issue I saw.

See that little burned spot on the side of the egg. That's where it sat in the crockpot. BUT I think if you just stirred them up and moved them around occasionally during the process it wouldn't happen.  

I am definitely going to do the rest of them this way this year and FOREVER!!

Linked to:
 Hip Homeschool Hop Button    



5 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great trick! I'd love it if you'd link to our Kids in the Kitchen post (no kids required) just family friendly recipes to encourage families to get back to the table together! :) found you from HHH

Betsy Price said...

Thanks Kelli! Sounds like fun!

Carrie @ young living oil lady said...

Thanks so much for linking up to us at Kids in the Kitchen! Hope to see you again next week! Blessings, Carrie

Unknown said...

Hmm...interesting. Now I HARD-STEAM my eggs. We have FRESH hen eggs that can be hard to peel, so I steam them for 20 minutes and drop them in an ice bath until cool. Perfectly cooked and easy to peel!

educator said...

I put a little salt in the water with my eggs, softly boil for 12 minutes, and I have no problem with cracking.

Blog Archive