Monday, April 23, 2012

My Church's Ladies' Retreat--Piper, DeMoss, Chan, and more!!

I was thoroughly blessed at our ladies retreat this weekend although my body is still trying recover!
And yes, we had John Piper, Nancy Leigh DeMoss, Jackie Francis Chan, and more  speakers at our retreat. Not in person, but on video!
I can't share all the fun, food, and fellowship, but I can share with you some of the speakers videos and/or information, so you can have your own little retreat at home. Our theme was being Women of the Word.


The first video we watched was:



After dinner, we had a testimony and then heard from Karen Eppler. She's developed some wonderful Scripture memory devices for using with children. In fact, you can find all her ABC verse rebuses and songs HERE.


On Saturday, we started with:

After another great testimony, my friend, Susan shared about Christian women through history. I've mentioned Susan before because she leads the book group I attend. It was such a blessing to see how God has used real women like us. She posted a bibliography and brief description of the ladies HERE.


In the afternoon, we had a breakout session in which we could choose one of three videos to watch. I'm posting the one I watched first, but now I can watch the others, too.
Honoring the Biblical Call of Motherhood--John Piper
Living a Life that Matters--Living Eternally--Francis Chan (scroll down to 3/8/09)
Singleness and the Next Generation--David Platt (scroll down to message #49 dated 6/12/11)


We ended with Nancy Leigh DeMoss' "Daily Devotions--Duty or Delight?" I can't seem to find the video for that, but I know her radio recordings on it are located on Revive our Hearts. She challenges you to a read you Bible 30 days in a row. 


Of course, I can't share everything about the retreat. After all, "What happens  at the retreat, stays at the retreat!! ;-)



No comments:

Blog Archive