Thursday, January 10, 2013

Continuing Education for Mom

I taught in the classroom for several years before coming to motherhood and home education. There was one thing I learned in the classroom; a good teacher never stops learning.

When I was teaching in the classroom, I finally figured out the difference between a direct object and an indirect object.

I learned how to cast out nines to check math problems.

I learned I could make all the craft projects in the world and just send them home. I didn't have to figure out where to store or keep them!
Yes, the Hanging Gardens of Babylon has moved with us twice!

Now that I home educate, I have continued my education.

I've learned that there is a caterpillar that lives for 14 years!



I learned that what I've been calling a turkey's wattle is actually it's snood! I'm so embarrassed when I think of all the students who learned this incorrectly because of me.



You would think I would know my shapes by now, but today I continued to learn.
I knew a rhombus...
and I knew diamonds...
But I never realized that diamonds are actually rhombi! That change in orientation was enough to make me think it was two different shapes. 

So, what have you been learning at home lately?
 Hip Homeschool Hop Button 

No comments:

Blog Archive