You know how much mija enjoys ballet.
And God really blessed in order for her to be able to continue in the fall and do The Nutcracker, but because of my husband's continued unemployment, we decided to pull her out. We hope she doesn't need to be out too long, but she understands.
So, I received an email reminding me about auditions for a children's performing theater.
Mija had performed in a play with them 3 years ago entitled, "The Marvelous Land of Oz." She was a munchkin.
She's grown so much in three years!
Anyway, hubby and I decided that being in "Charlotte's Web" through a virtually free children's theater program might be a good replacement for ballet for a few months.
So, Saturday we went to the auditions. Since she's 8 years old now, she was supposed to have a 1-2 minute monologue. I found the cute monologue about the tooth fairy. Of course, as soon as we left I started getting questions about when we would know something.
Well, she didn't get a part. Not surprising when over 70 kids audition for a play with only about 40 parts. It's okay. It was still a great practice on how to audition and having her first experience with a monologue.
Any other thespians out there?
- ► 2014 (132)
- Superbowl Snacks Coupons
- Thespian Update
- Helping Hands at Home--EE Kindle Book
- Personalized Valentine Gift Deals
- Blame shifting--From the Bible to the Babe
- Last chance for Cepacol coupon
- Friday Funny--Stuff Christian Moms Say
- Lord, I Give You This Day---devotional review
- Youth Theater---giving it a try again
- Creating Contentment Online Seminar--Tues., Jan. 2...
- Blame it on Little House on the Prairie--HEF Blog
- Friday Funny--Public School, Ritalin, Television, ...
- The K5 Kids--Contemporary Christian for Kids
- Pat Robertson---puleeze stop embarrassing yourself...
- Free Science Class on Magnetism
- Friday Funny--Periodic Table
- Continuing Education for Mom
- Mail to the Chief---National Handwriting Day
- Martin Luther had a Wife---and so did many other r...
- Literature Coming to Life in our Life
- Friday Funny--Patty Cake with Cats
- Books I Need for an Upcoming Counseling Class
- Homemaker's Creed
- Books, Crafts and more for our Winter study--Snowf...
- New Year Resolution
- ▼ January (25)
- ► 2012 (399)
- ► 2011 (329)
- ► 2010 (281)